Waterfalls are mesmerizing and will speak to us, if we listen. Twenty-two years ago I stood before a beautiful waterfall on the Road to Hana in Maui. I was on my honeymoon and something about that waterfall was so full of promise...like the life that lay before me. There aren't a lot of waterfalls in Texas but there is a small one about 15 minutes from my house. I think I'll drive out there soon and see what the waterfall has to say to me...perhaps it will speak of promises yet to be realized.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Waterfalls
Waterfalls are mesmerizing and will speak to us, if we listen. Twenty-two years ago I stood before a beautiful waterfall on the Road to Hana in Maui. I was on my honeymoon and something about that waterfall was so full of promise...like the life that lay before me. There aren't a lot of waterfalls in Texas but there is a small one about 15 minutes from my house. I think I'll drive out there soon and see what the waterfall has to say to me...perhaps it will speak of promises yet to be realized.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Great photo!
Thanks Julie...but I didn't take this one. I just added it, from public domain, to represent my thoughts about "Waterfalls". ;-) I will take a photo of my Texas waterfall and post it for comparison.lol
Susan
This feels so hopeful, like wonderful movement. I hope you go and get some good nature counsel.
I look forward to seeing your waterfall shots. Good thoughts.
That's a lovely photo. Water is a picture of the Holy Spirit isn't it?
I drove out to get a picture of the Texas waterfall yesterday and the park was closed! I'll try again.
Mike, I think water can represent the Holy Spirit and lots of other life giving things. I am anxious to see what my Texas waterfall "gives" me.
Susan
Post a Comment