Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I thought I could, I thought I could, I thought I could...

I passed the 50,000 marker in the wee hours of the morning!!! WOOHOO! I did a very short jig, in my mind, and then kept typing. I have qualified for the NANOWRIMO prize but I haven't finished the dern novel. I still have at least 5,000 words to go. I can't stop now or else I might forget the ending. Actually, I only have a glimpse of the ending, as the story seems to unfold as I type.

Now I would like to acknowledge those that have cheered me on during this 50,000 word marathon! To Julie, for inspiring us by writing a novel last year, and to my cohorts in crime: Carol, Jerin, Tia, Dali and Becky, I say "Thank you"! To my Lace Sisters, who have encouraged me and made me think I can, "Thank you!" To my eldest daughters Ana and Nicole, for making my day by deciding they want to write a novel too, "Thank you!" To my hubby John and the two younger children, Nathan and Christy, for not complaining about me being glued to the computer for 3 weeks, "Thank you!" And last but not least, to Me, for finally just doing it, "Thank you!"

Susan

1 comment:

NoVA Dad said...

Congrats on finishing (with another 5000 words) your novel! I can't begin to imagine the sense of accomplishment you have with getting it done -- I've had a few close friends who have been after me for years to write a book; using the excuse that I can't find the time no longer seems valid!! Folks with busy lives like you who can STILL get a 50,000 novel penned are rapidly putting me to shame!

Congratulations again! I'm putting my request in now for a signed first edition;-)

- Matt