Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Smiles & Hugs

Amma
I love her smile!

Below is a review from amazon.com. I was inspired to buy the dvd after reading the review.

"Darshan: The Embrace, is truly a film of great inspiration. Rather than focusing on Amma's verbal teachings, the film exquisitely zooms in on Amma's physical presence, her dark radiant face, her arms reaching out to thousands of devotees, her legs barely able to walk after a non-stop 21 hour marathon of constant embracing. Such images say more than words ever can. It brought tears to my eyes.
The film beautifully captures the feel and colorful look of the Indian countryside, and the pure madness, filth and chaos of the cities, as devotees embark with Amma on one of her seemingly endless tours. And what is the final message here? That there is such a thing as Pure Unconditional Love. Is this not a message of hope during our troubed times? Darshan captures what is deeply essential the way all great art does; by taking the viewer beyond words." --David Fields

4 comments:

NoVA Dad said...

I'm so glad you posted this; I had heard at some point in the past about her, and about how powerful an impact she has made on so many people simply through the gift of an embrace. I didn't even realize that a documentary had been made about her; it's now next up on my Netflix list. Thanks!

Unknown said...

How awesome to think of a woman in that role - a Hindu no less. This seems like a great story. Have you seen the movie?

SUSAN said...

Let me know what you think of the movie! I haven't seen it yet and just cancelled NetFlix. I kind of doubt the local video store will have this one. ;-)

Susan

NoVA Dad said...

I just posted something about the documentary on my blog -- well worth seeing!