I am a hold out for starting school after Labor Day! What's with starting in the middle of summer, anyway? Ana and Nicole started college yesterday, Nathan is starting his homeschool co-op classes on Monday and Christy gets to wait until after Labor Day to crack open the books! That's one of the perks of homeschooling-setting your own start and stop dates. hehe I have to remind myself of the perks because after 15 years of homeschooling, I find myself a bit weary as another year rolls around.
I've been thinking of a semi-schedule for this year. Here's what I've got so far:
7:30 Arise & Shine! Drink 8 ounces of water. Do 30 minutes of yoga.
8:15 Cheerfully make my way to the coffee pot. Drink 8 ounces of coffee .
Eat a powerful breakfast. Meditate in the gazebo for a few minutes.
9:00 Get together with Christy and ENJOY math together. Impossible?
10:00 Recover from the enjoyable math session with a lovely cup of tea
and a great adventure read aloud.
11:00 Christy does a bit of learning on her own and I plop down in front
of computer. What's that you say? Oh, wait till after lunch. Ok,
guess I'll do a bit of laundry and straightening up around the place.
11:30 WHEW...time for lunch!
1:00 Finish up morning stuff and then run errands or learn something new.
5:00 Prepare dinner, eat with family and then call it a day!
My goal this year is to be done with my household stuff as soon as dinner is done. I've decided that I shouldn't fume as John sits and reads the paper after dinner and I continue on with laundry, cleaning and other work related activities. No, I shouldn't fume...I should join him! aha! That means getting everything done in a smooth fashion during the day or not getting everything done and saving it for tommorrow. Either way, I will be sitting down after dinner with my feet up. ahhhh, that feels good!
Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment