Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Some things are just meant to be...







  • I spied this gorgeous oversized book at Barnes & Nobles for $8!!! I knew it was a steal because each photo, inside the book, was worth at least $8 and a thousand words. I drool over these photographs. I long for the day when I will walk the green grass of Ireland, home of my distant, distant relatives. There is a spot of the Irish in me, Scottish too, as well as English, German and French. However, it is Ireland that I hear calling, "Come Home, Come Home."

    Susan

    4 comments:

    NoVA Dad said...

    It's a place I've always wanted to go (and have thought often of retiring). My wife was there for a wedding last year (a quick three-day trans-Atlantic round trip) and said it was absolutely beautiful. One day, I'll be there.

    I'd also recommend (for drooling purposes) a book that came out a while back, called "James Herriot's Yorkshire." A beautiful book of photographs in its own right.

    - Matt

    SUSAN said...

    I have heard Ireland is a pretty good to retire. What makes you want to retire in Ireland?

    I want to make a combo England/Ireland trip one day. I've been talking about it for years and it's about time to stop talking and JUST DO IT.

    Susan

    NoVA Dad said...

    I really don't know what exactly has welled up within me that makes me want to retire over on the other side of the Atlantic. I've never been over there -- at least in this lifetime (other than a quick stop in Shannon, Ireland, during my flight to the United Arab Emirates in 1991) -- and yet I have a strong feeling that I've been there before.....

    - Matt

    Anonymous said...

    I think I have this book. We have a pretty good collection of books about Ireland. My trip there was out of this world! I visited the town my grandmother lived in and my husband still has relatives there.